Friday, 17 July 2026

Computer Organization & Architecture (COA) – Questions

Computer:- A computer is characterized by the Input–Process–Output (IPO) cycle, in which it accepts input, processes the data, and produces output.

Introduction:-



NET-JUNE-2026

1.    The average memory access time is 130 ns and average time of cache memory is 100 ns . With 75% hit ratio, The average time to access a word is ?

    1.    130 ns

    2.    150 ns

    3.    132.5 ns

    4.    107.5 ns

NET-JUNE-2026

2.    A problem of size n requires n2 bit operations. What is the largest size instance that can be solved in 1 second, if each bit operation is carried out in 10-9 second ?

    1.    109

    2.    3.16 x 104

    3.    3.96 x 107


    4.    210^9



NET-JUNE-2026

3.    Arrange the following in terms of their capacity from smallest to largest :

        A.    L3 Cache            B.    L1 Cache

        C.    CPU Register        D.    L2 Cache

Choose the correct answer from the options given below:

    1.    C, D, B, A

    2.    C, A, B, D

    3.    C, B, D, A

    4.    A, C, D, B

NET-JUNE-2026

4.    What does "Amdahl's Law" describe in the context of parallel processing ?

      1.    Maximum speedup achievable, considering serial and parallel portions of a program

      2.    The efficiency of message passing in a distributed memory system

      3.    Computational efficiency of a parallel algorithm

      4.    The reliability of a fault tolerant system


NET-DEC-2025

1.    Match the LIST-I with LIST-II


LIST-I


LIST-II


A.


(100110011)2


I.


Error detection

 code


B.


Complements


II.


CISC


C.


Parity Bits


III.


Negative number


D.


Variable

 length

 instruction


IV.


(133)16


Choose the correct answer from the options given below:

1.    A - IV,    B - I,    C - III,    D - II

2.    A - IV,    B - III,    C - I,    D - II

3.    A - IV,    B - II,    C - III,    D - I

4.    A - I,    B - IV,    C - II,    D - III


NET-DEC-2025

2.    Match the LIST-I with LIST-II


LIST-I


LIST-II


A.


RAID level 1


I.


bit-interleaved

 parity 

organization 


B.


RAID level 2


II.


disk mirroring


C.


RAID level 3


III.


block-interleaved

 parity 

organization 


D.


RAID level 4


IV.


ECC organization


Choose the correct answer from the options given below:

1.    A - II,    B - I,    C - IV,    D - III

2.    A - II,    B - IV,    C - I,    D - III

3.    A - III,    B - IV,    C - I,    D - II

4.    A - IV,    B - III,    C - II,    D - I


NET-DEC-2025

3.    Which are often needed to evaluate the cache performance ?

    1.    Hit Ratio

    2.    Latency

    3.    Cache Traces

    4.    Transfer Rate


NET-DEC-2025

4.    Arrange the following in the increasing order with respect to access time.

        A.    Solid State Drive

        B.    Optical Disks

        C.    DRAMs

        D.    SRAMs

        E.    Registers

    Choose the correct answer from the options given below:

        1.    D, C, A, B, E

        2.    B, D, C, A, E

        3.    A, E, B, D, C
    
        4.    E, D, C, A, B


NET-DEC-2025

5.    Correct the order of instruction cycle:

        A.    Read the effective address
    
        B.    Fetch the information

        C.    Execute the instruction

        D.    Decode the instruction

Choose the correct answer from the options given below:

        1.    A, B, C, D

        2.    B, D, A, C

        3.    B, A, D, C

        4.    A, B, D, C


NET-DEC-2025

6.    If the virtual memory size is 32 MB and a physical memory size is 4 MB with a page size of 2 KB, Calculate the number of frames available in physical memory.     

        1.    1024

        2.    2048

        3.    3072

        4.    4096 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

AI - Soft Computing, ML, DL - Previous Year's UGC-NET Questions

UGC-NET-JUNE-2024 (Cancel) 1.     For the fuzzy sets A = { (x 1 , 0.3), (x 2 , 0.7), (x 3 , 0.4) } and B =  { (x 1 , 0.5), (x 2 , 0.2), (x 3...